Portuguese composer and conducter born in 1969. Tonal and atonal contemporary music. Over 250 works: 6 symphonies, 11 operas, music for symphony orchestra, concert band, chamber, for children, theater, ballet and cinema. Was composer in The Portuguese Navy Band (2000-2010) and Portuguese Symphonic Band (2017/8) and currently he’s member of the O Bando Theater artistic direction, composer in residence at Foco Musical (music for children) and artistic director of Setúbal Voz Choir. Associated conductor at Lisbon Philarmonic.
– HELL, music for theater: “Play Of The Year” in 2017 by TIME OUT Lisbon; production O Bando Theater, co-production Teatro Nacional Dona Maria II.
– TURTLE PROJECT, symphonic fable: YAMA PUBLIC CHOICE AWARD 2015. Young Audiences Music Awards is an initiative of Jeunesses Musicales International and honors creativity and innovation in musical productions for young audiences from all over the world. production: Foco Musical, co-production Portuguese Navy and O Bando Theater.
– STONE RAFT, music for theater: “Play Of The Year” in 2013 by TIME OUT Lisbon; nominated for Portuguese Golden Globe, category of “Best Play 2013”. production O Bando Theater, co-production Teatro São Luiz.
– QUIXOTE, opera buffa, “Best Show 2010” of the SPA/RTP awards (Portuguese Society of Authors and National Television Network); nominated for “Best Show 2010” by Portuguese Golden Globe SIC (Portuguese Independent Television Network) and CARAS (magazine). production O Bando Theater, co-production Teatro da Trindade.
– SAGA, extravagant opera: “Best Show 2008” by Portuguese Association of Theatre Critics; nominated for “Best Show 2008” by Portuguese Golden Globe SIC (Portuguese Independent Television Network) and CARAS (magazine). production O Bando Theater and Portuguese Navy.